for a rant.
I want to buy some boy’s ankle socks for school.
1. Primark don’t have plain grey ones.
2. Sainsbury’s only have long ones. In May! Yes, I know boys wear long socks with shorts. I also know that they always fall down.
3. Debenhams and John Lewis have them, but they have a minimum spend for free click and collect and their delivery charges almost double the cost of the socks. The alternative is to drive to their store, which would be even more expensive, with no guarantee that the store actually has any.
4. M&S have them, but I didn’t even get as far as finding out how much delivery would cost. The website didn’t recognise any of the passwords I tried, failed to send me an email to change the password (it’s not in my spam folder), insisted that my alternative email address isn’t a real email address (it is), and refused to let me re-register. So they’ve lost a customer.
5. Amazon appears to have lots, but not in the right colour/size combination. The grey size 9-12’s it does have are mostly add-on’s to a minimum £20 spend.
I ended up buying some suspiciously cheap ones from Amazon. The postage was the same cost as the socks but they were still cheaper than anyone else’s. I figure if they last this term, the shops will be awash with grey ankle socks in August, and he might have grown out of them anyway…